Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Just one of those days...

Ahh.  I'm sure many of you can relate.  Being a mom to little kids is both incredulous and exhausting.  Some days you feel so overwhelmed with love, you can't even remember life without them and other days, you feel like screaming if you can't get 5 minutes of peace to yourself. So then you act like a jerk all day and when you peek on them after they've fallen asleep, you want to cry for not appreciating the preciousness that they really are.
Today was one of those days.
Sigh.

We actually moved to our new home at "the farm" this weekend and it has been pretty stressful month in general  just with all of the changes that encompass a big move.

The girls, J and I are settLing into our new home brilliantly, but the rooms are still in various stages of unpacking. Clutter everywhere!
More pics and stories about that later.  As for this post, I just wanted to say a quick "hello" and share some thoughts with you all.

I feel like I have so many things I want to do.  All the time.  So many projects hang on the back burner such as certain seasonal crafts, artsy-fartsy stuff, home improvement stuff, reading, working on learning a new language (or a few new languages, actually!), practicing my guitar and piano, recipe prep, crocheting, unpacking, etc.
Some days I feel so frustrated and very-"worst Mom of the year" ish.  I get frustrated with my little ones that just want to spend time with me playing.  The girls have been VERY clingy since we moved and Little Button has a melt-down whenever I leave the room.
I know it's to be expected...she's 2 and getting used to her new surroundings.
Working full time and having a stay-at home spouse also makes me feel very guilty for wanting to take any extra time for myself so usually I don't.  These few hours at night before bed are PRICELESS!

Anyway, totally rambling!
Today I found myself having a pity party so I finally just decided to just LET IT GO.
I gave in to the demands of the kids and I just played all afternoon.   We went for a walk, had a snack, twirled on the tree swing,  threw dirt and rocks into the creek and said hi to each and every cow.






I felt so much better afterwords. I still wasn't totally "there", though.  My thoughts were flitting about like little gnats on a humid summer day.

I have to remind myself that these precious little girls are only this little for a short time in the grand scheme of things.  I know it's okay to want time for yourself, and it's important to take it, but I have to be better about letting it all go and knowing all of these projects, blog posts, photos, etc will all be here.
Someday I will have more time!
I'm sure this resonates with some of you out there and if you are having a day similar to mine, just know you are not alone :)

PS.  I did sneak away for 10 minutes after dinner to visit these cutie pies in the hay barn...trying to tame them while they are young!  I got them both purring tonight, which is a great start!  :x)


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!  Here's a couple of shots for tomorrow's Thrifty Throwback Thursday post :)



No comments:

Post a Comment